Gunnar Esiason, 17 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF), high school senior, actively involved in sports, and gearing up for college
– Gunnar was diagnosed at age 2 and resides in Long Island with his family.
– “Growing up with CF is an added burden but being compliant to my therapy and exercise is the key to ” states Gunnar “.
– Currently a senior at Friends Academy, Gunnar is looking at many colleges and universities including: Boston College, Bucknell, and Richmond.
– Gunnar’s favorite sport is hockey… “I am always moving on the ice and the exercise makes me cough which is a great form of airway clearance”, states Gunnar
– “Exercise, along with my daily medication/therapy routine is KEY to keeping me healthy. I skate 45 minutes a day and have 2 games a week”
– Gunnar does not let CF get in the way of him living his life to the fullest… “I do not let CF create obstacles in my life – I make sure it does not!”
– Gunnar’s advice: “Be active everyday! Cheating on your therapy = cheating on yourself… GET OFF THE COUCH & MOVE!”
This podcast was made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from EURAND to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.