Cris Dopher, 37 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF) is enjoying his career in the Fine Arts as a professional set/lighting and window designer for many shows/department stores including Broadway productions. Adhering to his daily therapies, Cris affords himself the opportunity to enjoy the financial awards of a career, run marathons, and socialize in the game of life despite having cystic fibrosis
– Cris grew up in California and Missouri, was diagnosed at age 4 due to “failure to thrive”, and currently resides in New York.
– Cris has always been focused on goals and his first job, at age 16, was typing a book for an author.
– “As long as I can remember I was out there in the working world… I worked at MacDonald’s, was a receptionist for student housing in college, and worked in tent theatre at college for hands on experience”, states Cris
– Cris has 2 bachelors degrees and 2 master’s degrees that include a Masters of Fine Arts from New York University.
– The biggest challenge Cris faces with CF on a daily basis is TIME MANAGEMENT but, according to Cris, “it’s all worth it!”
– “CF is background noise and it does NOT get in my way of living and enjoying my life” states Cris.
– Cris recently ran the ING New York City Marathon in 5 hours and 50 minutes and exercises 5 days/week.
– CBS Evening News recently did a piece on Cris: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/18/eveningnews/main4615319.shtml
– Cris’ formula for success: Compliance = Success. Be rigorous about your therapies – without your health you cannot be a good worker and enjoy life!
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 7th in a series of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.