Donna Dorsett, Mom with beautiful daughter with CF shares her feelings on “letting go” as her daughter becomes more independent attending college away from home. As a parent you never let go… you let go physically but not emotionally.
– Donna has 4 children (one with CF), divorced and living in New Jersey.
– “Our family is very close and we do a lot together – family is extremely important” states Donna.
– Kristyn, her daughter, was diagnosed at 18 months and is now attending the University of Scranton.
– When dealing with the ups and downs of cystic fibrosis Donna gets her strength from family.
– “I never limit my daughter due to CF or treat my daughter as being sick” states Donna, “Kristyn is not sick… she gets sick…”
– “My daughter has dreams and goals and therefore I need to let go so she can pursue them…”
– Donna’s advice, “Look beyond the disease… look at your son or daughter… CF cannot be #1 and allow them to live the life that you worked so hard at giving them”
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 8th in a series of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.