Maggie Sheehan, 22 years old with cystic fibrosis, talks about her great experiences attending the CFRI Retreat in Northern California. The retreat takes place off the beaten path under the “redwoods,” just minutes from Stanford Hospital. CFRI is a great organization that empowers the CF Community to attain the highest possible quality of life.
- The CFRI Retreat has been in existence since the 1990s. Maggie has been attending for the retreat for five years, and scholarships are available.
- “Activities at retreat include rap sessions, arts & crafts, sporting events, fun in the sun, and great food!” Maggie says.
- To attend the retreat, you must be over 15 years old with guardian, and over 18 years old by yourself. Friends and significant others are welcome to attend and join in the fun.
- The retreat is a very safe environment that follows strict guidelines regarding cross infection. Maggie feels that the retreat is “safer than the real world.”
- “My favorite part of the retreat is the sharing and the talent show at the end of the week,” Maggie says.
- Maggie continues to return to the retreat because of the great friends she makes and the awesome connection to the CF community. She feels refreshed at the end of the retreat.
- For more info on the retreat call 650-404-9975, email cfri@CFRI.org, or visit www.CFRI.org