Victor Roggli is 58 years old with cystic fibrosis. Victor lives in North Carolina, is married with a family, and works full-time in the medical research field. Victor, a professor of pathology, focusing on lungs, spends his workday teaching, doing research and consulting. Victor is LIVING, BREATHING and SUCCEEDING with CF in the career world and in life!
- Victor was born in Winchester, Tenn., on a farm. He was diagnosed at 12 years of age.
- “Growing up, I was always very active, playing touch football, softball and basketball. I am very thankful to my parents for letting me play sports and be a real boy,” Victor says.
- Victor attended Rice University, where he majored in biochemistry. He then attended medical school at Baylor in Houston.
- “If I had a chance to do something differently when I was growing up with CF, I would have been more open about my CF and not put up so many walls,” Victor says.
- Victor now believes in being open about his CF and does his aerosol therapies at work. “With the American With Disabilities Act, people cannot discriminate.”
- “Know your limitations with CF and be realistic in what you do in the career world,” Victor advises.
- Victor loves singing in the shower and has become a BIG fan of karaoke at least twice a week.
- Victor’s advice to others with CF: “Do not adapt to CF, let it adapt to you.”
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is the 2nd in a series of 12 made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.