Title: April Biggs “Keeps on Dancing? after Double Lung Transplant
April Biggs is 31 years old and received the gift of a double lung transplant on August 15th 2004 at New York Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
– April grew up in Jacksonville, Florida and was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at one years old.
– Growing up the doctors told her parents “Treat April like a healthy person and to live as fully as she can?
– April started dancing at 5 years of age and is still dancing and choreographing post transplant.
– April attended Florida State University.
– “CF causes a lot of alienation due to the fear of catching germs from others with cystic fibrosis and that’s a drag? states April
– “People with CF have a strong will to live and usually do pretty well getting through lung transplants? states April
– “My family is a GREAT support system? states April
– April’s FEV’s dropped from 85% to 30% and had a lot of hemoptosis which expedited the need for a transplant.
– April’s recommendation to anyone with CF and anyone facing a lung transplant: “exercise and if you can’t run, walk!? also… “live your life to the fullest and do it!?