CFRI is a very caring and committed organization to cystic fibrosis
– CFRI started 31 years ago by parents of children with CF to give support and raise money locally on the west coast for research and to make a difference for people living with CF.
– Carroll Jenkins, Executive Director, states: CFRI is a small group of 4 people and a few volunteers that wear many hats.
– CFRI address: 2672 Bayshore Parkway, Mountain View CA 94043
– Phone: 650-404-9975
– Mission Statement: Cystic Fibrosis Research Inc. exists to fund research, to provide educational and personal support, and to spread awareness of cystic fibrosis, a life-threatening genetic disease.
– Carroll Jenkins states: We believe in the value of collaboration with other organizations for one cause, and each organization can build on each others strengths.
– CFRI does both educational and fundraising events
1.) 19th Annual Educational Conference: August 4th– 6th, 2006, a three day event for adults with CF, caregivers, researchers, health care providers, family members, as well as the non-research community. Focus for this year’s seminar: THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS JOURNEY: ALL AGES, ALL STAGES
2.) Teen/Adult Day Retreat: August 6th – 11th 2006, for individuals with CF and their significant other. The goal is education, support, and fun
3.) 22nd Annual Golf Fundraising Tournament: August 7th 2006 @ Cinnabar Hills Golf Club, San Jose CA.
4.) Mother’s Day Tea: May 14th 2006. Ã Warmest appeal to connect people and the largest avenue of fundraising for CFRI. You can get more info and donate at: email@example.com or call: 650-404-9981
Carroll Jenkins states: I am honored to work with CF. People with CF are amazing, not only do people with CF appreciate and value life, they appreciate the moment.