Scott Johnson: The Tri-Athlete (swim, bike, run)
Jerry Cahill interviews Scott Johnson about training for an “Ironman? Triathlon
Scott Johnson at age 33 has been living with CF, living 4 years out with a double lung transplant, and now living with the accomplishment of competing in over 18 triathlons.
Scott recently competed in the FLORIDA IRONMAN – the most elite of triathlon competitions – on November 5th in Panama City, Florida.
- IRONMAN Triathlon consists of swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, and finishing with a 26.2 mile run
- Scott states: “Prior to my transplant, I made a list of things I’d like to accomplish and a triathlon was one of my wishes?
- “One year after my double lung transplant I started training hard?
- Scott is sponsored by the Wilmington YMCA
- Scott trains 6 days a week for a total of 30 hours.
- Additional nutritional supplements include pre-natal vitamins and protein shakes.
- “Life is precious and I am living it to the fullest? states Scott