In this episode, we talk to Karen Vega from New York, who is 33 years old with CF, happily married and a mother of 3 always “on the go…” exercise enthusiast, and training for a ½ marathon. Karen never let CF get in the way of her living life to the fullest and keeping her dreams alive!
· TOBI Podhaler is a dry-powder treatment delivered in a disposable device.
· TOBI Podhaler is taken twice a day, and needs little setup and cleanup.
· The Podhaler is a great On-the-go device
· The unit does not require disinfection, refrigeration, power source, or batteries
· Administered in 2 – 7 Minutes (in clinical trials)
· 12.44% improvement in lungs · Helps to fight Psudomonas aeruginosa
· 64% reduction in percentage of hospitalizations
· 15% less need for intravenous (IV) antipseudomonal antibiotics