Eileen Minogue, Director of Operations for Patient Airlift Services (PALS), discusses arranging FREE air transportation for patients with in CF in need of medical diagnosis or treatment.
PALS is a nonprofit 501(3)c that is helping the CF community and “changing the world, one flight at a time …”
– PALS offers three missions:
- Medical Missions help people with CF who need medical care but cannot afford air transportation.
- Compassion Missions assist family members traveling with individuals with CF. “This relieves a lot of stress,” according to Eileen.
- Humanitarian Missions where PALS assists with national disasters.
– “PALS is not an air ambulance, and the pilots are not medically trained. We offer financial support through free flights for those people with CF in need,” Eileen explains.
– Pilots associated with PALS volunteer their time, plane and fuel to help people with medical problems such as CF.
– PALS flight requirements:
- Financial need must be verified with a social worker.
- Patient must be ambulatory and medically stable.
- If individual requires oxygen, it must be FAA approved. PALS does not provide oxygen.
– PALS can fly to and from more than 5,000 airports.
– PALS can cover flights in the entire Northeastern United States, and they are linked nationally through the Air Care Alliance Group.
– Contact info:
- 888-818-1231 or 516-300-1660
This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.” Podcast/Vodcast series is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to the Boomer Esiason Foundation.