Jerry Cahill, 51 years old with cystic fibrosis is LIVING BREATHING SUCCEEDING on a daily basis…
With the help of today’s therapies, cystic fibrosis (CF) patients are now living longer and achieving more than ever before. Pulmonary treatments are enabling adults with CF to pursue their dreams by entering college and the career world. “Jerry Cahill – Exercising is Key to Being Compliant with CF,? features Jerry Cahill, a 51-year-old man with CF. Jerry talks about exercising as a form of CF therapy, sports improving his quality of life, exercising outdoors to keep his lungs CLEAR, and the importance of compliancy on a daily basis. Jerry’s philosophy is NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!?
Key messages in the Podcast include:
- Jerry believes exercise and sports have made a major impact on improving his health and quality of life physically and mentally.
- Exercise outdoors to help keep your lungs clear.
- “Simple exercises like walking, jogging, stretching, push-ups, quick knee drills, and lunges help move the secretions and clear out the lungs? states Jerry
- Time management is key to CF and maintaining your daily therapy routine so you can continue socializing and enjoying the great opportunities and people in life.
- Jerry states; “Do not let CF stop you… just get out there and live life to the fullest!?* This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.? Podcast/Vodcast series is the 1st of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.