“Making Fun Contagious?…
Jo Anne McKinney and Grant Prather make BIG FUN for many pediatric patients with the BIG FUN BOX. The mission statement: To share with pediatric patients and their families’ ways to use their imagination to give them comfort and fun in the midst of stressful situations. The BIG FUN BOX is filled with a stress toy, folding ruler, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, jigsaw puzzle, HeadGames, Find’ems, imagination pad, thank you notes, plastic stencil, and playing cards.
- “The BIG FUN BOX is filled with imagination and you can let it take you wherever you want to go…? states Jo Anne
- Jo Anne has spent many hours in the hospital with her son Grant, due to his cystic fibrosis, and they learned to “make their own fun?
- The BIG FUN BOX is an activity box for children in the hospital with chronic illnesses (ages 7 to 12)
- The BIG FUN BOX was launched in October 2006 and has delivered over 3,100 boxes in 9 states to 31 hospitals. “Our goal is to raise $2.0 million and deliver 100,000 BIG FUN BOXES? states Jo Anne.
- “The BFB is a great vehicle to rescue patients after being in the hospital for 5-6 days and you just find out you will be in longer?
- The BIG FUN BOX seeks corporate sponsors to bring BIG FUN to children with chronic diseases. Jo Anne needs to raise $27,000 before 1,000 boxes can go into production.
- The BIG FUN BOX is a 501 c (3) non-profit organization.For more info: www.thebigfunbox.org or call: 904-730-0956