EXERCISE FOR LIFE was created by the Boomer Esiason Foundation to educate, raise awareness to the importance of exercise & compliance with CF, and to raise money for college scholarships for people with CF.
The EXERCISE FOR LIFE program serves as an inspirational message to CF patients, family members & the general public about the benefits of exercise and compliance to medical advice in the “here and now?
– “Exercise is the single most important thing in my life that keeps me healthy? states Jerry Cahill at 50 years old with cystic fibrosis.
– Jerry has been exercising all his life in spite of having CF – baseball, football, hockey, track & field (pole vault) and most importantly “jogging/running? on a daily basis.
– Doctors and CF centers “talk about it? but we need to get everyone with CF “doing it? Your lungs are muscles and need to be worked to keep them clear and strong.
– Besides being “compliant? to medication and therapy routines – exercise should be part of EVERYONE’S daily ritual.
– Jogging/walking is a UNIVERSAL activity that everyone can partake in without the need for an expensive gym membership or a pool. Jogging “outside? is key to oxygenating the lungs and keeping your airways clear.
– “The goal of exercise is to improve the quality of life and lifespan of individuals with CF through the power of daily physical activity