Title: Relationships and CF – Episode #0063 Tiffany Christensen Speaks
Tiffany Christensen, 34 years old with cystic fibrosis is LIVING BREATHING
SUCCEEDING on a daily basis…
With the help of today’s therapies, cystic fibrosis (CF) patients are now living
longer and achieving more than ever before. Pulmonary treatments are enabling
adults with CF to pursue their dreams by entering college and the career world.
In this podcast, 34-year-old CF survivor Tiffany Christianson talks about the
role of CF in establishing new relationships. Tiffany is the recipient of 2
double lung transplants and the author of the book Sick Girl Speaks. In this
conversation with her, she dives into topics such as the importance of remaining
compliant on a daily basis as well as the tricky issue of revealing your CF to
your newfound friend. Whatever you do, she says, “don’t lose your identity in a
relationship and ignore your CF?.
Key messages in the Podcast include:
- Tiffany is a relationship driven person and believes telling about your
CF is good, but that “less is more? at the beginning of a romantic
- “CF adds more layers to relationships but I am worthy of it!? says
- Tiffany has learned to “stop making my disease my identity? and to start
communicating, enjoying, and having fun in a relationship – “We are a team…?
- Relationships involve a lot of work and vulnerability – make sure you do
your homework… “Remember, like all relationships people may not accept each
other due to certain likes/dislikes and that includes CF? states Tiffany.
- “Don’t search for your worth in someone else’s arms…? says Tiffany.
- Tiffany’s advice: “ CF should be a motivator to get in a relationship.
Relationships enhance your life! I have no regrets!?
* This “LIVING. BREATHING. SUCCEEDING.? Podcast/ Vodcast series is the 2nd of 12 made possible through and unrestricted educational grant from
Genentech to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.