Scott Johnson: The Double Lung Transplant (Part II)
Jerry Cahill interviews Scott Johnson about his double lung transplant
Scott Johnson is 33 years old with cystic fibrosis and had a double lung
transplant 4 years ago on September 15th 2001 at University North Carolina
Medical Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Scott grew up in Jacksonville, North Carolina
- At 27 years old with a sinus infection Scott’s lung x-rays looked like a
- Scott was listed for 2 years, the surgery was 9 hours, and he was
hospitalized for 17 days.
- Scott prepared for the transplant by exercising on a treadmill and
weights and going to support groups.
- “Exercise and a Positive Attitude? helped Scott make it through the
- Scott states: “My quality of life with my new lungs is better than
living with CF?.
- Scott words of encouragement for others listed for a transplant:
“Maintain a positive outlook and keep exercising!?
Direct download: CF-10-14-05-ScottJohnsonII.mp3
-- posted at: 12:03pm EDT