Scott Johnson: Growing up with CF (part 1)
Jerry Cahill interviews Scott Johnson in 3 parts:
1. Growing up with CF
2. The Double Lung Transplant
3. The Triathlete
Scott Johnson is 33 years old with cystic fibrosis and training hard in sports
regardless of the fact that he has CF and underwent a double lung transplant 4
years ago at UNC Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Scott grew up in Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Diagnosed with CF at 2 months due to pneumonia and a lung collapsing
- Scott was always embarrassed about hi coughing growing up but still was
very involved in sports.
- Scott states: “CF has shaped and played a MOJOR role in my life growing
up – people with CF don’t make plans for the future…?
- “Exercise and a Positive Attitude? these are Scott’s most important
factors to maintaining Scott’s health.
- Scott states: “The biggest challenges facing adults with CF is insurance
and medical expenses as people are living a lot longer with cystic fibrosis?
- Scott believes, “you have to own it and manage your CF?
- “I have CF but it does NOT have me…