National Transplant Assistance Fund -The Financial Link to
Jerry Cahill interviews Lynne Samson, the Executive Director of the NTAF on how
they can help with fundraising for a costly lung transplant.
Mission Statement: To help raise funds for transplant and catastrophic injury
patients by providing compassionate support, education and expertise to them,
their families and communities.
- NTAF is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 charitable organization and contributions
to NTAF are tax-deductible. NTAF was founded in 1983
- Lynne states: "it's better to start fundraising as soon as you are
listed at a transplant center"
- Lynn states: "people in the community love to support a cause and this
gives emotional support to the patient and family going through the crisis"
- Fundraising events include: golf outings, spaghetti dinners, chicken
fries, dances, and car washes, to name a few.
- Money can be used for insurance co-pays, medications, re-locating for a
transplant, meals, lodging, and living donor costs.
- NTAF has over 1200 active patient accounts and has risen over $4 million
- "The goal of NTAF is to help the patient and family feel financially,
emotionally, and mentally secure and that through the community support they
will feel cared for"
National Transplant Assistance Fund