Fri, 17 November 2006
Title: RUN SARAH RUN!!!
Sarah Katopodis ran her 1st Marathon in NYC and ran it for Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis, and we are honored!! Sarah raised over $4,000 for the Foundation’s Exercise for Life Scholarship and was presented with a game ball for her unending passion and support for the CF community.
1. Sarah grew up in New Jersey and attended the University of Scranton and has a masters in marketing.
2. Sarah is blessed with a beautiful loving family and has a very supportive husband, Taso, as well as 3 phenomenal sons that keep her running marathons on a daily basis – Alex, Evan, and Steven. All were cheering Sarah on during the marathon.
3. “As a child I used to run with my Grandfather at 6am during the summer at Long Beach Island? states Sarah.
4. Sarah continued here passion for running with a running group while working in Charlotte, NC and ran 2 half marathons.
5. Sarah’s NYC Marathon application was declined a few times before finally being accepted for the 2006 NYC Marathon. “From that day forward – the training and commitment began…? states Sarah.
6. Sarah and her family launched www.cysticfibrois.com over 10 years ago – a informative/educational/supportive site for people with CF and their families and therefore was committed to running the NYC Marathon for a cause related to cystic fibrosis.
7. Sarah finished the marathon in 6 hours and 20 minutes and is a winner spiritually, physically, and as a committed person in the game of life – CONGRAT’S!!!!
8. Check out Sarah’s award winning blog on her marathon experience at: http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.com/index.cfm?forumid=250
Also check out cysticfibrosis.com’s website at: www.cysticfibrosis.com