Isabel Stenzel Byrnes Interview The Power of Two - a family story of twins Isabel and Anabel surviving with CF
Jerry Cahill interviews part time social worker, Isabel Stanzel Byrnes, who is 34 years old with CF post transplant 2.5 years (Isabel received the gift of life on February 6th 2004). Isabel has an identical twin sister, Anabel Stenzel, who also has CF and is post transplant 6 years.
- Isabel grew up in Los Angeles, California
- Diagnosed 3 days post birth
- At age 5 started having a lot of respiratory infections
- Isabel started having chronic pseudomonas at age 10
- Attended Stanford University undergraduate school
- Attended University of California, Berkeley graduate school
- Isabel and Ana lived in Japan and taught English for a few years
- Isabel has always been active in the area of exercise pre and post transplant and is an avid hiker.
- Isabel has been married for 8 years to a wonderful man and support person, Andrew Byrnes.
- "The transplant was a spiritual event" states Isabel.
- "I survived with CF and the transplant due to all my exercise, I had a lot of muscle strength"states Isabel.
- Isabel has competed in the United States Transplant Games that includes over 1800 athletes. Isabel won 1 gold and 2 silver medals!!
- Isabel and Anabel have written a book: The Power of Two. A family story about twins surviving with cystic fibrosis.
- For information on the book please contact Isabel at: email@example.com